Monday, September 27, 2010

Since you asked....

You know I baked more than just bread pudding for Sukkos. I can't go home for a 3-day yuntif with just one thing! So here is what else I baked.

P.S. I'm going to have to figure out some method for taking pictures of the insides of my cakes on Shabbos and yuntif. I wish you could see all the layers and fillings!! When I make a casserole or chicken dish, I always make a small test version that I can plate up and photograph in addition to the whole one that I make for the meal. But, as much as I love you, I'm not making TWO cakes so I can cut one up for you!!

Cookie Explosion Cake
This was my friend's request....and a good one at that! This is an ode to cookies. Its chocolate and vanilla cakes layered with buttercream frosting and chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough in between. Then, it was covered with cookies n' cream frosting and topped with chocolate cookies and more chocolate chip cooke dough.

Apple Spice Crunch Cake
You know about my love affair with apples and fall flavors. This is my kind of cake. Apple spice cake, with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a homemade cinnamon apple filling between the layers. Then, it was iced with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and covered in crushed up homemade cinnamon streusel crumbs. The apple filling made the cake very moist....which meant that the layers weren't as defined as I would have preferred, but the flavors were just what I wanted :-)

And of course, for my mom, more peanut butter pie, which I made on Rosh Hashana. Can't go wrong with that one!

1 comment: